Monday, April 2, 2012

My most boring post yet

I’m back but I don’t have too much to report.  Yesterday was free, but Siggy had asked me the day before to go on a run, so I did.  I ended up running away from the town because I wanted to go somewhere that I hadn’t been.  I figured it would make the run go by faster, plus I don’t like running in crowded areas.  People see you after 45 minutes of running but think you’re five minutes in and judge.  I didn’t need that.  Anyway I started going and quited quickly hit a dead end at the highway.  I made a quick left and ended up on a wooded trail.  That was great as those kinds of trails are the perfect place to run.  Unfortunately, I got lost and ended up on that trail for 40 minutes.  It even started snowing while I was running lost in the woods.  Eventually I ended up at home, but not until I had run for 70 minutes.  I had planned on 45 minutes.  I grabbed a bite to eat, cleaned up and went over to Fabian’s house to watch the AIK vs. Mjalby match. 
At Fabian’s house I again saw Siggy.  He had also come over to watch the match.  As a side note, I have no idea where Siggy lives (he’s the head coach for those who don’t know).   I would think Enkoping, but if that were the case he’d be at his house I’d assume.  Or maybe he lives in Stockholm, in which case it wouldn’t make much sense for him to come to Enkoping to watch a match that was happening in Stockholm.  Whatever, it’s not important.  In a funny piece of good fortune though, Siggy actually drove past me while I was running and saw me.  I didn’t notice him but it was the first thing he said to me when I walked in the door.  When I told him I’d run for 70 minutes, he was surprised and impressed.  I think the only thing between me and a starting spot at the moment is my perceived lack of match fitness.  Siggy seeing me out running on my day off (even though he told me to do it) puts in his mind that I’m working towards improving my fitness.  That combined with the fact that I now have 4 goals and 3 assists in 6 matches with the club bodes well for my starting chances.

When I arrived for training today, I noticed a couple of things.  First, our 12-day practice spectacular has been amended to a much more doable version.  We had previously been scheduled to train every day except one between now and our season opener.  Now, we have a training match scheduled for Thursday and three days off this week alone.  Good news.  The second thing I noticed was that almost half the team decided to sit out training today.  Now, I’m sure some of the guys were legitimately sick or injured, but I don’t believe for one second that 10 guys are incapable of training the day after an off day.  I have high hopes for this team, but we will never reach our goals if people are inventing ways to get out of training.  Training still went well though, despite the fact that it was snowing.  My team (blue team!) dominated every game and we worked on some fitness which made for a good first day back after a match.

Sorry for the boring post, but there’s not much to say about boring ol Enkoping at the moment.  Maybe next time I only have boring info I’ll just post on some completely random topic to keep things interesting.  Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment