Friday, December 21, 2012

Winter Update!

I said I'd post once a week, but clearly that is not going to happen.

My life is laughably boring at the moment.  I've been substitute teaching at my mom's school just about every single day then sitting at my parents' house or my condo.  My car is still not running so I don't go out even that often.  I've been staying in shape, but I haven't done any weightlifting which is not good because this is the time of year that I really need to be trying to build strength to avoid injuries in 2013.

There is literally no news for me soccer-wise and that makes me really nervous.  This time last year, I had a team in Allsvenskan telling me that I was 50/50 to be in their plans for next season.  I also had Haka saying that they would for sure make an offer to me.  Even though neither of those actually came to fruition in the preseason of 2012, they did give me a lot of comfort at this time last year.  This winter though I haven't heard anything from anyone soccer-related in the last six weeks.

A few months ago I sent my agent here in America an email telling him what I was hoping to achieve this offseason and where I preferred to play in 2013 and beyond.  I won't get into which teams/leagues I wrote about, though I will say that there was quite a bit of ambition in some of the requests.  Others were more measured, but there is no question that I think of myself as a player who can play in some leagues that probably nobody else outside of my family thinks I can play in.  My agent's response was something to the extent of, "That shit cray...but I'll see what I can find."  That was a long time ago and since then I've not had a single conversation with my agent or the agents who I have worked with so closely in Finland and Sweden.  I don't think for one second that they are ignoring me (well, the guy in Sweden might be) but it is still not great to not hear anything a month before all these leagues start preseason.  Fall-Spring leagues have the transfer window close in 5-6 weeks and that is not a lot of time to identify and evaluate a player enough to sign him.  However, I don't envision myself playing in a fall-spring league in 2013 anyway so I'm not too concerned.

In life news, I've got absolutely nothing to report, but I am going to post some pictures I've taken in the past couple weeks.  Not much has gone on since I've essentially become an average working joe over the past month or so.  The pictures are pretty cool though I think so I'll post them.

Just barely made it into the garage of the condo!

Amani in the bathroom.

My substitute classroom decorated by yours truly.

My mom and I outside her classroom.  She did a bit more decorating than me.

My sister and I.  She's wearing floral pants, but apparently I'm the one without style...

Trying to give Amani a kiss.  She's not having it!


Lucas Oil Stadium, home of my hometown Colts.  It's right in the middle of the city.  I took this picture from in front of the post office.

The "Christmas Tree" that is in the very center of the city.  The building in the background is the tallest in Indiana I think and I have no idea what its purpose is.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jordan, my name is Stefanie and I work for the language portal bab.la. At the moment we are starting a competition for students and young professionals who went abroad. I really like your blog and that's why I would like to add it to our nominations list. It would be very nice though if you could send me your email address to stefanie [@] bab.la so we can keep you up to date with the competition and notify you in case you won ;) Here you can check out more information on the contest on last year's article: http://www.lexiophiles.com/english/the-top-100-international-exchange-and-experience-blogs-2012-nominate-your-favourite-blog-for-ix12 would be great to hear from you. Thanks, Stefanie

    ReplyDelete