Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nothing To Say...

Hello friends!

 
I call you all friends based solely on the fact that you’ve taken the time to listen to what I have to say.  Most of my real life friends won’t even do that, so congrats!  You’re in the Circle of Trust!

 
I’ll be honest today and save busy people the time: I have literally nothing to talk about.  I’m going to talk about mostly the trainings that we’ve done this week, both team and individual, but it’s probably not going to interest you.  I just feel like if people take the time to check my page, then I should update it frequently.  Who knows, maybe you’ll be entertained.  Or, perhaps more likely, you’ll thank me for giving you five more minutes of procrastinating/bs’ing on the internet.  For those people, you’re welcome.  If I can stop you from doing your job productively, then that means that I’ve done my job.  I’m like a walking, talking anti-productivity machine.

 
The last time I posted here it was mainly to criticize my own performance and vow to do better.  In that spirit, I along with Nana and Kris have been doing individual training every day. (If you don’t know who those people are, then become a FC Haka fan!  Or just don’t worry about it cuz if you don’t cheer for Haka these people won’t matter to you anyway.)  We’ve been doing a lot of lifting and extra running just to make sure that we are at our peak physically.  Once we get the physical part, we’re going to spend the rest of the season getting as sharp technically as possible.  But that’s all for another post.  What I’ll talk about is the sessions we’ve done so far and the effect it’s had on me.

 
We’ve been at this extra workout thing for about two weeks now, and I can already feel the difference.  In fact, today we ran the same workout more or less that we did last week and my results were so much stronger than just a week ago.  I’m a running machine!  We’ve also been working out in the weight room and that’s showing as well.  I’ve become the black Incredible Hulk J.  If you live in Valkeakoski and you’re lucky you might see me lifting cars!

 
We’ve had a couple of team trainings since the game against Mariehaim (I have no idea how to spell that nor will I take the 30 seconds it would take to find out).  They’ve gone well, and you can tell the mood of the team is better having ended our losing run and actually played a good game.  I won’t tell you about most of the time in training as it would bore you to tears, but I will tell the inspirational story of a 4v4 team that worked its way from nothing to become the champions of today’s practice.

 
This inspirational team, the Green Team, consisted of Topi Jarvi, Obi Metzger, Juuso Salonen and me.  We certainly weren’t fancied to come out on top, but we did it!  I likened us to the Champions League winners Chelsea FC.  We had the grizzly veteran defender (John Terry) in Juuso, the young upstart winger (Juan Mata) in Topi, the overrated fast guy who is inexplicably on the team but scores a goal in the semifinal (Ramires) in me, and the African striker (Didier Drogba) who plays the hero in Obi.  See, the comparison actually came together better than you though, huh?  Well anyway we shocked the world, or at least the people at an obscure training ground in Valkeakoski, and brought home the (mythical) trophy!  We even posed for a team photo afterwards so that the memory of that day would live forever.  Unfortunately there were absolutely no cameras around so I think our amazing victory will be soon forgotten L.

 
That’s literally all I have to say.  I told you there wasn’t much.  I just hope that I was able to distract you from whatever boring thing you were trying to avoid when you came to my page!  If I just made 9-5 feel more like 9-4:55, then to you I say, “glad I could help."  Haha see you all soon!

 
The meme:

No comments:

Post a Comment