Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Goodbye, USA


February 1:

Today is the day.  I leave my home country to play and live abroad.  My destination?  Valkeakoski, Finland.  More specifically, I am going to play for FC Haka of the Veikkausliiga, the top league in Finland.  I just got the contract sent to me two weeks ago, so all of the preparations for this trip have been made on somewhat short notice.  Of course I’ve packed my Playstation 2 and 3, as well as my slippers (you know, the important things).  I’ve also brought a ton of clothes and six pairs of cleats.  I’ve never travelled with this much luggage, but then again my entire life is packed in there so maybe it’s sad I could only fill 2 suitcases, a duffle bag and a backpack.  Oh well the point of this blog is to talk about my life abroad so there’s no reason to keep talking while I’m still in the US.  Next time you hear from me I’ll be in Finland!

No comments:

Post a Comment