Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bad Timing

I have terrible timing.  Today is the first time in my professional career that I will miss training because of a previously arranged trip to Stockholm to watch Serbia-Sweden.  I’ll get to that later though.  The reason my timing is especially bad is because I found out yesterday that the club is having what I would call a crisis meeting after training tonight.  Personally, I hate non-player-induced meetings of any kind, but if the powers that be think that this is the way to turn things around, then I have no problem with that decision.  Unfortunately I won’t be there.  I’m sure I will get the information tomorrow anyway, which is probably the way I would have gotten the info anyway since I wouldn’t understand the meeting itself as it’s in Swedish.

Moving on, and I don’t have much time because I have to catch a train, the reason I’m going to the match tonight is because my old friend Neven Subotic is playing for Serbia.  Some of you may recognize that name from a post I wrote a week or two ago about Yanks Abroad and some of you may know that name just from generally following soccer.  The point is I hadn’t seen this guy for six years and he contacted me more or less out of the blue and said he was in Sweden and that we should meet up.  So Celia and I went to Stockholm and had lunch with him, then he went to do some team stuff and Celia and I explored Stockholm.  I have pictures but I still can’t get my phone to load them so it will be a few days before they’re up. [edit]: phone and computer are talking again so now I have a few photos.
Celia

Neven

That’s all for the update now.  I’ve been pretty boring since Celia has been here, so there’s no real stories to tell.  I’ll put some pictures up from the match tonight as soon as possible and also give you an insight from the crisis meeting, or at least as much as I can say in a public space.  See y’all!

I copied some pictures from facebook from the last game (at least the parts I was in) so I’ll post a few since I haven’t put any pictures up in a few days.  I hope you like them!

This is the pass that got me my first assist!

No comments:

Post a Comment